The company’s lead product CAM-H2, a new treatment option in HER2-positive cancers, is in early clinical development. The pipeline further consists of two pre-clinical programs leveraging the technology strengths. For the expansion of our radiochemistry team based in Brussels, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and talented radiochemistry engineer.
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for the translation of manual radiosynthesis procedures into automated GMP-grade production sequences using commercial synthesis modules. Lead the technology transfer, local set-up and scale-up of automated synthesis procedures at partner sites. Doing so, ensure and maintain continuous support to the academic and commercial partners.
Research & development activities
- Translate manual radiosynthesis procedures into automated syntheses procedures. Generate relevant documentation to allow for GMP-compliance of established methods.
- Take responsibility in technology transfer for upscaling activities at contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) and academic partners, including documentation aspects.
- Use and maintain standard laboratory equipment for production and quality control of radiopharmaceuticals, such as radio-HPLC and iTLC scanner.
- Contribute to radiopharmaceutical manufacturing for internal and external multi-disciplinary R&D projects.
- Develop training material for implementation of new automated syntheses.
- Document, retain and summarize experimental data and results in adequate systems (e.g. electronic lab note books and databases).
- Report (writing and orally) project progress to the R&D leadership team.
- Report data and results during recurring team meetings.
- Actively contribute to multi-disciplinary discussions between different scientific teams.
- Support automated productions at partner sites as service provider through technical documentation, videos, phone calls and site visits.
Skills, Expertise and Contribution
- Proven track-record in using synthesizers for production of radiopharmaceuticals.
- Thrives in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Open-minded and motivating attitude.
- Attention to details and quality orientation.
- Self-starter with a high degree of endurance, flexibility and mobility with respect to traveling (<20%).
- Computer skills (Word and Excel). Knowledge of specialized radiochemistry automation software is a plus.
- Is self-organized and has good organizational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Can deal with significant responsibilities and is stress-resistant.
- Fluency in English. Command of the French language would be a plus.
- Experience with the use and maintenance of automated synthesis modules is preferred.
- Expected educational qualifications: Engineering or master degree in a relevant field (radio chemistry) or equivalent through previous experience.
- Relevant experience in automation of radiochemical procedures and working in a GMP-environment are preferred.
Want to talk? Send us your cv with a mail telling us why this role interests you: email@example.com