Precirix, incorporated in 2014 as a spin-off company of Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), develops novel targeted radiopharmaceuticals using camelid single domain antibody fragments labeled with radioisotopes.
The company’s lead product CAM-H2, a new treatment option in HER2-positive cancers, is in early clinical development. The pipeline further consists of two pre-clinical programs leveraging the technology strengths. For the expansion of our Protein Science team based in Brussels, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and talented Scientist.
Purpose of the Position:
Contribute to the development, manufacturing and characterization of camelid single-domain antibodies (sdAbs) to feed the company’s clinical pipeline of targeted radionuclide therapeutics.
As Protein Manufacturing Scientist you will manage and execute Protein Manufacturing projects, that contribute to the drug product manufacturing. The projects focus on the following R&D themes and CMC aspects:
- sdAb manufacturing process development and characterization (strain development, USP, DSP)
- sdAb analytics development (IPC, QC, characterization)
- sdAb characterization
- Responsible to originate, plan and perform research activities within the scope of an assigned work package and timing
- Collaborate with subcontractors
- Develop and implement new analytical methods
- Suggest new methodologies and approaches
- Act as a subject matter expert in CMC aspects of protein manufacturing and characterization (science and methodology)
- Conduct experiments and contribute to the good functioning of the lab
- Independently interpret, document, retain and summarize raw data and results in adequate systems (e.g. lab notebooks)
- Report about data and results to the R&D leadership and in R&D team meetings
- Active in multiple projects inside the company
- Report about progress and conclusions of work packages
- Prepare written reports, summaries, manuscripts and other documents as appropriate
Skills, Expertise and Contribution
- Relevant experience in molecular biology is a must
- Experience in upscaling a recombinant protein manufacturing process (USP, DSP) from lab scale to clinical scale, or analytical characterization of the recombinant protein is a plus
- Keep abreast with relevant scientific and/or technical developments. Search literature and other sources independently and apply knowledge on the job
- Work independently within the scope of assigned field and support others
- Self-organized and a team player
- Good communication skills (written and orally)
- Can deal with significant responsibilities and is stress-resistant
- Expected educational qualifications: PhD or MSc with equivalent experience in a relevant field of life sciences (Bio-engineering sciences, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical sciences).
Want to explore this opportunity? Mail us at email@example.com with a letter of motivation and your cv; and we will get in touch with you