Precirix is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing novel radiopharmaceuticals, using camelid-derived single-domain antibodies (sdAb) labeled with radioisotopes. The company’s lead product, CAM-H2, is being evaluated in a Phase I/II trial targeting metastatic HER2-positive cancer. In addition, the company has two product candidates in preclinical stage and is further broadening its platform through research on new targets, different isotopes, linker technology and combination therapies.
For the expansion of our Protein R&D team based in Brussels, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and talented Laboratory Manager to work in our new laboratories starting from August.
Purpose of the Position:
As Laboratory Manager you will contribute to the discovery, development and characterization of camelid single-domain antibodies (sdAbs) to feed the company’s preclinical and clinical pipeline of targeted radionuclide therapeutics.
You will fulfill an important supporting role in the daily activities of our R&D lab by managing the daily operations, supplies and maintenance of equipment. Additionally you have the opportunity to conduct routine research activities.
At start, you will also prepare and coordinate the move to the new laboratories.
- Ensure the well-functioning and safety of the lab
- Support research activities by preparing, organising and maintaining reagents and commonly used solutions
- Maintain the general laboratory stock. Coordinate the ordering and delivery of products, consumables and devices for the labs together with the back office.
- Organize and follow up of shipments
- Waste management
- Implement and schedule the necessary maintenance, calibration and repair of equipment.
- Perform standardized and routine research activities within the scope of an assigned work package and timing, under direct supervision of experienced scientists
- Document, retain and summarize experimental data and results in adequate systems (e.g. electronic lab notebooks and databases)
- Maintain records of maintenance of equipment
- Edit corrective and preventive action plans to minimize lab incidents
- Act as liaison between the lab and central administration
- Report experimental data and results during recurring R&D team meetings
Skills, Expertise and Contribution
- Relevant experience in molecular laboratory technologies is a must
- Experience in lab management is a plus
- Experience in recombinant protein expression and purification, organic chemistry synthesis and/or analytical characterization is a plus
- You are flexible and willing to learn new technologies
- Work independently within the scope of assigned work package and support others
- Attentive to details and quality oriented
- Thrives in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Self-organized and a team player
- Good written and oral communication skills
- English proficiency is required, Dutch and French are a plus
- Expected educational qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of life sciences (Biomedical Laboratory Technologies, Pharmaceutical Laboratory Technologies, molecular biology, biotechnology, chemistry) or equivalent through experience
Want to explore this opportunity? Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of motivation and your cv; and we will get in touch with you.