Precirix is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing novel radiopharmaceuticals, using camelid-derived single-domain antibodies (sdAb) labeled with radioisotopes. The company’s lead product, CAM-H2, is being evaluated in a Phase I/II trial targeting metastatic HER2-positive cancer. In addition, the company has two product candidates in preclinical stage and is further broadening its platform through research on new targets, different isotopes, linker technology and combination therapies.
The preclinical team is pioneering new treatment paradigms that are important for the further clinical development of the company. Our research strives to improve the understanding and treatment efficacy and safety of novel targeted radiopharmaceuticals in relevant animal models.
For the expansion of our Brussels-based preclinical team, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and talented Research associate.
Purpose of the Position:
As a Research Associate of the preclinical team, you will contribute to the in vitro and in vivo characterization of our radiopharmaceuticals that take use of the camelid single-domain antibody platform. Additionally, you will contribute to assay development and support CMC activities to bring our drug products from a preclinical into a clinical phase.
- Perform research activities within the scope of an assigned work package and timing, under direct supervision of experienced scientists.
- Conduct experiments in in vitro and preclinical in vivo research.
- Contribute to the good functioning of the lab.
- Active in multiple projects inside the company.
- Assist in generating and the validation of protocols and reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Independently interpret, document, validate, retain and summarize experimental data and results in adequate systems (e.g., electronic lab notebooks and databases).
- Attend and present the obtained data in in-house seminars and external scientific meetings in the field.
- Reports data and results in the project team meetings and in a broader context: coordinates and supervises the planning of research and experiments; depending on the level of experience recommends best approach for experiments or even contributes to the strategy of projects.
- Represents his/her line or functional area in project core team meetings.
- Reports in writing and orally about the progress and conclusion of work packages and discusses the outcome (in a wider context) with the scientist and/or the team leader.
- Prepares required/high level reports, summaries, manuscripts and other documents as appropriate.
Skills, Expertise and Contribution
- Experience with both in vitro and in vivo research is desirable (i.e., cell culture, IHC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, microscopy, routine animal handling, dissections).
- Experience with primary rodents is desirable.
- Obtained FELASA B/C certificate is a strong plus.
- Works independently within the scope of his/her assigned field and supports others.
- You are well-prepared, whether it be for an experiment or meeting.
- Has an eye for detail and you are self-organized and proactive.
- You are passionate about spending your professional time working on finding new treatment options for patients suffering from cancer.
- Strong team player and good communication skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication in English.
- Show flexibility in your work.
- Stress resistant.
Minimal profile requirement
- Expected educational qualifications: MSc with equivalent experience in a relevant field of life sciences (Biomedical sciences, pharmacology, Bio-engineering sciences, Biology).
Want to explore this opportunity? Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of motivation and your cv; and we will get in touch with you.